Iphone charging screan on 5 seconds, then off, please help!! please help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BorisD, Nov 12, 2009.

1. BorisD macrumors newbie

Hi there, first of, thank you very much for any and all the help that you can provide.

I was changing housing/ a couple of defected parts in this iphone, and now its in a less working state that it was before i took it apart.

I have taken it apart/ put it back together multiple times, tried it with and without digitizer...same thing.

What happens... a black screen is on and the phone doesnt turn on. when i plug in the charger a red "charge" or "low battery charging" icon comes on for about 5 seconds, and then it turns off.. i have uploaded a video of this occurrence to YouTube... please find it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gYs2Qdz73o&feature=player_embedded

PS. that fart resembling noise close to the end of the video was me moving the phone i was recording with from a rubber matt :)
    :apple:

2. BorisD thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Resist macrumors 68030

Can't see the iPhone screen in your video, try moving the light at an angle when you record, so it's not reflecting in the middle of the screen. You couldn't see that issue when you recorded it or when you posted it to YouTube?

4. BorisD thread starter macrumors newbie

im re-uploading a new video as we speak, unfortunately since the backlight on the phone doesnt come on, in order to see anything at all the light has to be right on it... never the less, i think this version is slightly better.

however, this is the screen that goes on http://www.lionandbull.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/apple_iphone_will_not_charge.jpg for 3-5 seconds then off.

[​IMG]

thanks again. will upload new link in a minute.

5. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

What other parts were you replacing? Did you touch the dock connector at all?

6. BorisD thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, but i tried it on 2 different ones, rendering same results :(

7. Resist macrumors 68030

8. BorisD thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, unfortunately since the back-light doesn't come on, its hard to get it to show well on the video
    ---

so quick update. i have probed around with a tester and concluded the following.

when plunged in, the electricity does charge the battery. and goes to some circuits that start the system and show the low battery signal.

it seams that electricity from the battery however doesn't make it to some place where it should. probing around, the leads are fine, and some parts of the motherboard get power from the battery... however not the place that recognizes the battery/ can turn on the phone.