Iphone Cincinati Bell Users. I have some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Abadadoo, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Abadadoo macrumors newbie

So I am going to get an iphone, but I have so many questions.

1) Do I only need the unlimited text/data or do I need smartphone plan?
    Nevermind this one
    2) Form what I understand its only 2g. Can someone give me a simple comparison for 2g vs 3g.

3) I hear you get charged for roaming if you leave cincinnati. Does the iphone warn you when you enter roaming?

4) Is there anything that doesnt work on Cincinnati Bell that works on At&T? Certain features I guess.

5) Where do I get a Cin Bell sim card? Any Cin bell phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. asdean macrumors newbie

1) All you need is the unlimited data plan for $15 a month

2) Even if you buy the 3g you will still run on edge (almost like dial-up) CinBell's 3g network does not support the Iphone

3) I have never got charged a roaming fee. I think if you run 3g on another network you get charged roaming fees. I travel a lot (Flordia Keys, Arizona, Etc) and there all in the middle of nowwhere and I got great cell service and never was I roaming.

4)All features work except for 3g. The GPS, MMS, Visual voice mail all work on mine!!

5)You can use any CinBell Sim card. IF you don't have one just go into your local CinBell Store but if you have a CinBell Phone just take it out and put it in your iphone.

Hope this helps!!

3. Abadadoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers. That was a huge help.
    Now I just have to find an iphone...
    Any idea on the pricing of these?

4. asdean macrumors newbie

I got mine off ebay. It was around $300 which was a steal since people can pay as high as $400-$500 Unlocked. I'd say start there and see what you find. Just look a the sellers ebay rating and don't hesitate to contact the seller if you have any questions. Good Luck

5. 83Westfalia macrumors newbie

Cincinnati Bell iPhone SIM

I have a 1st gen iPhone which was unlocked. sys boots with old att sim, but
    not with cinbell sim.
    Error:
    Unrecognized SIM

Sim is new from Blackberry Curve

Any help would be appriecated.

Westy