iPhone Classic - elements worth keeping?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ottoman1, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

If Apple added an IPhone toggle switch(es) that would allow for some of its classic elements to find their way into the new design as options which might you want to see?

As I read many of the posts about users who love the new look and features of IOS 7 and those who don't, I'm reminded of when Coke changed its formula in the 80's.

Coke responded to internal taste tests that they had done deterring that more people preferred the taste of Pepsi so they changed their formula. Immediately upon doing so, there was such a backlash that Coke relaunched its original formula under the name Coca Cola Classic. For a while you could buy "New Coke" and "Classic Coke" in the stores. Classic won out.

It is my hope that Apple's new IOS 7 is fantastically successful for the company. I'm totally immersed in the ecosystem. From reading these threads for the last few weeks I've come to the conclusion that it would be in Apple's best interest to offer its customers a larger variety of customization options where possible and practical.

There could be a toggle or wheel for icon families - classic, eye candy, etc. There could be an option to select the UI's font as well. There could even be a Calendar and Calendar Classic option.

It is my hope that this thread will not be a place to bash each others' ideas but rather to realize it would be in Apple's best interest for all of us to be happy and collaborate together. (Or at least those of us who buy and love Apple products.)

For one group to "win" doesn't mean the other has to "lose".

2. Skika macrumors 68030

This would show Apple as not sure in what they are doing.

3. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Very idealistic, but probably will never happen. Apple has never been about user customization, that's Android's area. Apple has always been about uniformity and simplicity across all its products and platforms. To allow too much customization in the new OS would defeat its whole focus which is simplicity.

4. C19MAT macrumors newbie

Totally agree. If they would let users go back to an iOS 6 look then it'd really show that 7 is a possible design failure. Apple will push on with the new look, and keep refining it. Personally I love the new os.

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Seems to me not worth the trouble as the percentage of people who would want to keep the iOS 6 look would probably be small.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Those who don't like it won't upgrade. Those who buy a new phone with iOS 7 won't know any different.