iPhone classic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmouse, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Jmouse macrumors 6502

I recently gave away my iPod touch.

I still have a 3GS for games and stuff ( I use a bb for phone) and an iPhone classic that's 4 years old.

Question is : I updated the firmware on it to 3.1.2 I think. I have to say it's really sluggish. I don't intent to play games on it, how about for iPod purposes? Would the battery be able to hold up?

Batter wise , will an iPod classic be better as in up time?

People who has the iPhone classic still, what do you do with it?

Thanks

2. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

The iPod Classic completely destroys the iPhone in battery, regardless what model. You have to remember the iPhone is a phone while the iPod is an MP3 player. The screen is also completely different.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I think the one line where the OP said "iPod Classic" they meant "iPhone Classic". At least that's what I'm guessing since it says "iPhone Classic" elsewhere in the post multiple times.

4. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

In that case, the iPhone 2G will not perform as well as a 3GS even as a music player. Firstly because the 3Gs actually has a better battery, and secondly because the iPhone 2G is 2 years older. The battery's health will not be as optimal.

Just throw out the 2G on eBay. There's no point keeping it if you have a 3Gs.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I would also use the 3GS before the original iPhone.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i wish i still had my original iPhone. i see a guy at the gym with the original iPhone as his primary phone. still looks nice. :(

7. GhostMac24 macrumors 6502

GhostMac24

Had mine for over 4 years and have had zero desire to upgrade. It's been ultra rugged and had virtually zero issues. Had one issue recently where it just wouldn't do a restore and the Apple store swapped it out for me with a brand new (refurb) unit.

When I showed up the employee was stunned to see an original iPhone in such great cosmetic and overall functional shape. One speed bump in over 4 years is great.

I can't comment on the battery life since I have never used any of the other 3 iterations of iPhone that have since come out. I thought I would hate not having 3G connectivity but I am 99% of the time in a wifi spot (home or work) so using the phone for higher bandwidth items is never a problem.

I am definitely ready to upgrade though when the iPhone5 lands and will give this one to my almost 4 year old. He loves playing all educational games (apps) and race car games as well as listening to music. It's amazing what a almost 4 year old can do with this technology.

Long story short.....no need to buy my kid a touch when I can just pass along my 2G in airplane mode :D