Iphone Coloring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stupendusboi, Mar 29, 2008.

1. stupendusboi macrumors member

Hey. Has anyone done this to their iphone?

http://www.gigapascal.com/

it seems so cool but i want to know if its worth the money?

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

there was a thread from someone who did that, with cherry red and jet black, it had unboxing photos. search unboxing colorware

3. surfer99 macrumors 6502

Its not the same as the post you are referencing. This is completely different from colorware.

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

yeah but his post was titled "iphone coloring" so it did pertain to it

5. Rotara macrumors member

Curious as to how they exactly swap the cases over after having done the operation myself, at home. With all the Rear Black Cases I've seen online you have to transplant the skeletal frame/chassis from old to new... which ain't easy.. Just curious to whether they have a proper factory producing these cases (intact) or they just have a guy at a work bench with a blow lamp in one hand and strong adhesive in the other!

6. stupendusboi thread starter macrumors member

7. Rotara macrumors member

I emailed them.. They told me they replace the whole back (chassis et al) so if anyone performed a DIY on replacing the back case and it didn't go entirely to plan maybe these guys can breath new life into your handset!.. Thinking I might do it, although involves mailing the handset to the States from UK, which basically means not having the phone for 2 weeks. Dunno, have to think about it.