iPhone comming to Canada after macworld?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steve31, Jan 7, 2008.

1. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Does anyone think that the iPhone could come to Canada after Macworld? :)

2. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Why after MacWorld?

Jobs said iPhone will launch in Canada the next time a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup ;)

3. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

OUCH!!!Very funny!!!:D No real proof just hopeful. I love and hate my unlocked iPhone. Hate that I cant update the firmware but love the iPhone so much that I cant live without it. Much like a wife:D lol

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Hehe, couldn't resist when I saw you're from Edmonton, I'm from Vancouver.

Yeah, I'd love the iPhone to come here with AT&T type plans unlike the scraps that Fido and Rogers throws to us. I read that the new iPhones come with firmware 1.1.2 and can't be unlocked so I guess I'm stuck waiting ... now with firmware 1.1.3 coming out it seems Apple has the upper hand on hackers.

5. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

*laugh*

I say blame Roger's monopoly on the GSM network (they own Fido), the lack of Canadian consumer protection against such monopoly and their questionable practices (ex: Roger's internet throttling vs advertisements), and Roger's expensive data plans.

If anything, I have a feeling Waterloo's RIM has something to do with it.

6. atomicparker macrumors member

atomicparker

Stanley Cup eh? Anaheim had more Canadians on it than Ottawa did last year, lol does that count? :p

I'd be guessing that if it doesn't come at Macworld I'm giving up hope. Someday I dream of a country that doesn't charge $10 per kilobyte of data.

7. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Macworld 2008? or 2009?

1.1.2 can be used with StealthSIM....

I gave up on this happening, and also have an unlocked iPhone. On balance, it is better to have a non-upgradable iPhone than not have one at all, but would really like to have it in Canada, especially when release of the SDK starts bearing fruit.