Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
Why after MacWorld?

Jobs said iPhone will launch in Canada the next time a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup ;)

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
Why after MacWorld?

Jobs said iPhone will launch in Canada the next time a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup ;)
OUCH!!!Very funny!!!:D No real proof just hopeful. I love and hate my unlocked iPhone. Hate that I cant update the firmware but love the iPhone so much that I cant live without it. Much like a wife:D lol

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
OUCH!!!Very funny!!!:D No real proof just hopeful. I love and hate my unlocked iPhone. Hate that I cant update the firmware but love the iPhone so much that I cant live without it. Much like a wife:D lol

Hehe, couldn't resist when I saw you're from Edmonton, I'm from Vancouver.

Yeah, I'd love the iPhone to come here with AT&T type plans unlike the scraps that Fido and Rogers throws to us. I read that the new iPhones come with firmware 1.1.2 and can't be unlocked so I guess I'm stuck waiting ... now with firmware 1.1.3 coming out it seems Apple has the upper hand on hackers.

SpaceJello

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
*laugh*

I say blame Roger's monopoly on the GSM network (they own Fido), the lack of Canadian consumer protection against such monopoly and their questionable practices (ex: Roger's internet throttling vs advertisements), and Roger's expensive data plans.

If anything, I have a feeling Waterloo's RIM has something to do with it.

atomicparker

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2003
Ottawa, ON
Stanley Cup eh? Anaheim had more Canadians on it than Ottawa did last year, lol does that count? :p

I'd be guessing that if it doesn't come at Macworld I'm giving up hope. Someday I dream of a country that doesn't charge $10 per kilobyte of data.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
Does anyone think that the iPhone could come to Canada after Macworld? :)

Macworld 2008? or 2009?

Hehe, couldn't resist when I saw you're from Edmonton, I'm from Vancouver.

Yeah, I'd love the iPhone to come here with AT&T type plans unlike the scraps that Fido and Rogers throws to us. I read that the new iPhones come with firmware 1.1.2 and can't be unlocked so I guess I'm stuck waiting ... now with firmware 1.1.3 coming out it seems Apple has the upper hand on hackers.

1.1.2 can be used with StealthSIM....

I gave up on this happening, and also have an unlocked iPhone. On balance, it is better to have a non-upgradable iPhone than not have one at all, but would really like to have it in Canada, especially when release of the SDK starts bearing fruit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.