iphone comming to canada, What to do with hacked iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by glennyboiwpg, Apr 29, 2008.

1. glennyboiwpg macrumors 6502

Hello all,

now that the iphone is announced to be comming to canada, what are all of you with hacked iphones going to do?

Are you going to sell the phone, and buy a new one?

Maybe you couldn't care less, and still carry on with the one you have?

Or will there be a way to turn our hacked phone to a legit phone once its released?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a badly hacked iphone. I bought it off of ebay and the dude said it was hacked using anySIM. He lied.

He tried to use anySIM but this was right around the time when the phones started having that stuff in them to prevent anySim from working.

So now i'm stuck with this phone using one of those turboSims only the one I have sucks as it looses it's connection with the phone when ever I move the phone. So the phone is basicly useless.

So yeah, anyone else wanting to turn their hacked phone legit?

2. igglepuff macrumors regular

I was about to say that there would be no way, however, i realized that apple stores sell them in the states, also. There by guessing they will here, so rogers cant track all teh phones sold until they are actually activated. SO, if you restore completely and activate it with itunes like normal *maybe* it would work. I'm not sure if its in the phone, or itunes that tells you to activate it with X company when you first plug it in..ie: if its in the phone that its a US one so activate with ATT kind of thing. If it's just based on itunes and you can chose then there's a good chance you'd be able to use it on rogers, legitly. though, I may be wrong, just my thoughts on it. Hopefully you'll be able to use your iphone on the iphone plans as CSRs have been telling people for a while now (though they are useless, so who knows heh....)

I, personally, will sell mine fully unlocked with 3.9 bootloader IF;

- the screen isn't smaller like some rumors have said, if so they figure a kb thing out so it doesn't suck up most of the screen adn the kb isnt smaller. good luck;

- its not way overpriced like rogers like's to do on 2 yr term or has a 100-150 rebate on a 3yr term (which ill just break if i ever want to leave, telling them i'm moving to the states which has worked before:p) making it $400 roughly or less... (dont forget we have 13.5% tax in quebec :|).

- rogers offers an acceptable plan, which i don't know if i can see happening.. im guessing $75 or so with X MB data since rogers has horrible prices for data

- or they let me use my upgrade credit i've never used towards an iphone:p and will keep the $15/mo credit that's on my account(its nto tied to anything, so that would stay atleast)

here's hoping everything works out with acceptable plan and unit pricing... i guess well see sometime (in june..?)