iPhone Competition (June 2010)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carebearsx3, Jun 28, 2010.

?

iPhone Runner-Up

1. Some old crappy phone

11 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. RIM Blackberry

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. Moto Droid

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. HTC Droid Incredible

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. Moto Droid X (when released)

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  6. HTC Aria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. HTC Evo 4G

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  8. Google Nexus One

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  9. HTC Desire

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Samsung Galaxy S (when released)

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  11. Other (leave a comment below)

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. carebearsx3 macrumors regular

With June wrapping up, I thought I might make a fun poll: If there was no iPhone, which phone would you be using right now?

If you wouldn't mind, leave a comment on why you chose that.

2. miamihacker macrumors regular

3. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

LOL, that'd be funn! xD

4. eatbacon macrumors regular

You do realize that it is difficult to keep appropriate tension on a long string, cups are prone to water damage, you can only call one other party, sound quality is terrible, there is no ringer, and customer service stinks.

(I am under the impression that the point of this forum is to assume all people's jokes are serious and call them idiots, so I thought I would join in.)

5. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

6. draz macrumors 6502a

That's a tough choice.... I like the freedom of the Nexus One but it being out dated vs a Samsung Galaxy S is tough. The 'slow' update of the Andriod OS because of the amount of companies involved kinda made me turn away.

I wouldn't jump on a Blackberry however.... I would be on an Android for sure but which company and device, not sure.

7. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

I'm used to using Blackberries issued by employers, so I'd probably have a Bold.

8. stphnman20 macrumors regular

If there were no iphones, i'm pretty sure more then half of what you listed wouldn't be invented. lol

9. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.125 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Probably a Blackberry 9700. My current BB (9000) is dying on me. If I weren't getting an iPhone I'd have gotten the 9700.

10. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Either some crappy old phone, as I actually really like them, I usually get one as a throw away phone and then fall in love with it.
    Or maybe the JCB phone just for the fact it's invincible and I could throw it around as much as I wanted.

11. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Easily the Droid X. I wouldn't even be looking at AT&T either.

12. carebearsx3 thread starter macrumors regular

I personally chose the Nexus One. The EVO and X are nice, but the screens are too big for my taste. Plus, quick updates.

And yes, I know that 80% of these wouldn't exist, but suppose if they did. :p

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

It's hard to say. I'd like to say one of hte Android phones except:

1. Would Android still exist w/o iPhone since it seems to try to replicate the experience? Honestly, I think even blackberry ahs some phones that may not exist because iPhone is what made some stuff popular.

2. I loathed the idea of a touch keyboard before the iphone. One of my requirements was I wanted a keyboard that at least was the length of the phone (didn't like thumb keyboards either). Almost ended up with some crappy phone that you don't even see any versions of today.

I may have gotten a Nokia instead. I was pretty partial to Nokia before I got my iPhone (mainly cause in my experience they made reliable phones that were durable as well).

If iPhone suddenly disappeared (or went to Sprint exclusively cause effectively for me same thing) so that I had had the iphone experience and the phone technology moved in the direction it already has, I'd say HTC Incredible.

14. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

+1

15. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

If there was never an iPhone or iPhone OS, there would be no Andriod OS either.

Other than the blackberry, none of those phones would exist in their current form.

I would probably be using some ****** Windows Mobile 6.5 phone. :(