Iphone Completely Dead - Will Apple Store replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by delicatepc, Apr 13, 2008.

1. delicatepc macrumors newbie

Hey,

Friend of mine has a 8GB I-Phone that he purchased 7-8 months ago.

Today he plugged it into his car adapter (also purchased from the apple store) and according to him "it started heating up......and wouldn't turn on again". He had been using that same car adapter for a while now without problems.

Anyways I took a look at it today and couldn't get it to respond regardless what I did to it (computer plugin, power plugin, press and hold power and home).

I am guessing that something went wrong with his car adapter but I am not sure.

I have checked the Apple Support page and the phone is still under warranty till August 2008. Do you think Apple will replace it?

2. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Most likely yes, It is still under warranty. They might try to fix it first.

3. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

yes i htink they ll fix it, theys hould i mean your friend did nothign worng really, i charge myine with a gripping power pod which is actually a firewire to plug in the car thingy, i ve always wonder if that s okay.....

4. delicatepc thread starter macrumors newbie