iPhone Component Cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by subbyhasan, Oct 22, 2011.

1. subbyhasan macrumors newbie

Hello, newbie so go easy :)

Right, recently I bought a nice and cheap component cable from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RCA-AV-TV...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item3f004ed8ab

Received it and connected it to a 3G to find that nothing appeared on my TV. (the cable etc was connected up right, I checked everything). I then used Google to find I needed an App or two from Cydia to make a 3rd party cable work so I downloaded DisplayOut to my iPhone 3G. The iPhone screen appeared fine on my TV but there was constant flashing. By this I mean every few seconds the screen would flash to black for no reason and then would reappear a few seconds later.(the screen on the iPhone was fine at the time, that didn't flash, only the TV screen did)

I then downloaded DisplayOut on my sister's 3GS to find the EXACT same thing happened (the TV screen kept flashing) Just this week I discovered another app, TVOut Mirror 2 and deleted DisplayOut and downloaded that. The EXACT same thing happened.

I don't know what is wrong, I'm sure it's my cable as I've tried 2 iPhones and various Cydia apps but I'm not sure, is there an easy fix or an app that fixes everything?

Any help is welcomed :)

Thanks

2. subbyhasan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

Item Description

These cables allow you to watch and listen to music and movies stored on you iPod/iPhone device through your TV or Audio Speaker sets.

Provides video & audio output for viewing photo slideshows & video with sound on a TV.
    This AV cable connects to the Dock for LINE OUT port for playing music or video on your TV or Home Stereo System
    NOT Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch
    Total length: 130cm
    Please note : Compatible with iPhone 3G Operating systems : 2.1 , 2.2 and 2.21 i.e. not compatible with OS 3.0

*****Please note: This cable only works with the iPhone 3G *********************

What firmware are you currently on?

4. subbyhasan thread starter macrumors newbie

It should still work after the installation of DisplayOut though...