iPhone Configuration Utility Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by moonchilddave, Apr 16, 2010.

1. moonchilddave macrumors regular

Yesterday I took my iPhone into an Apple store for screen issues... Well, I ended up walking out with a new iphone 3G.

Now, I've got it jailbroken using Pwnage Tool 3.1.5.

But I can't seem to get it on my network at home. In the past I had to use the iPhone Config Utility (on a Mac) to push a profile to the phone because my network password is complicated and contains a backtick.

I've got the latest iPhone Config (2.2) and I can see my phone in it, but when I click on "Install" to push the profile to the phone, nothing happens. Any ideas?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The profile won't install on anything above 3.1. You would have to downgrade to 3.0 or below to use the configuration utility. Apple is doing this to try and prevent people from using the iPhone with non official iPhone sims such as pay as you go and T-Mobile.

3. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

No one cares about getting into your wireless network. Make the password less complicated.

4. moonchilddave thread starter macrumors regular

I beg to differ - but I have seen my router's logs...

5. moonchilddave thread starter macrumors regular

Not true, I got it working after spending about an hour on the phone with Apple. I'm not sure what the issue was but here are the steps taken to resolve it and allow the install of config profiles.

1) Throw iPhone Configuration Utility in trash
    2) Delete com.apple.iPhoneConfigurationUtility.plist (I think that's what it was) in ~/Library/Preferences
    3) Download ICU from Apple site
    4) Install
    5) Restart computer
    6) Launch ICU and create a new profile with network info also filled out General section
    7) Plug iPhone directly to cable (had been using a dock)
    8) Install profile

Success! This was on a MacBook running 10.6.3 with all updates, iPhone Configuration Utility 2.2, and iPhone jailbroken on 3.1.3 firmware.