iphone connection to internet.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swiftflo, Jun 14, 2010.

1. swiftflo macrumors regular

Please don't laugh as I am a complete newbie to the iphone and need help.

I have just bought a 3g iphone, used the sim card from my previous phone & sync. it to my imac.

However I cannot find how to use such as Safari, maps etc. All I get is "cannot connect to the internet". How do I do all this.

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have to use the sim card that came with the iPhone.

3. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Can you please explain.

I transferred my sim card form my previous phone into my iphone.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You CAN’T use a non-iPhone sim in an iPhone. Clear??

5. ianne macrumors newbie

To the connect to the internet, you simply need to open up Safari (which is the internet browser used by the iPhone). If you’re used to using a pc, think of Safari as the ‘Internet Explorer’ that the iPhone uses. You can use Safari the same way you could use Internet Explorer.
    Once you open up Safari, the iPhone will attempt to connect to the internet. If there are wireless networks available wherever you happen to be, the iPhone will prompt you to choose one to connect to. If you’re trying to connect to a network that has security, you will be prompted to enter the password for the network.
    If you want to check to see whether there is a wireless network available where you live, work, or play, go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Wi-Fi’. The iPhone will show you all of the wireless networks that are available.

6. swiftflo thread starter macrumors regular

Many thanks for your replies.

FYI "aggie" my iphone works perfectly well with the sim card taken from my previous phone. ;)