iPhone Contact Pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rsobrady, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rsobrady macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ok I have read through some other threads about iphone contact pictures showing up when they call you, but my phone seems the opposite.

Supposedly when you add a picture to a contact using the phone, it should show up full screen, and when you do it using your desktop, it shows up in the little corner.

I've added pictures to a lot of my contacts through the phone, just going to contacts, edit, and adding the photo, and they all show up in the little box in the corner.

Is this how its meant to be working? Do i have to sync contacts from my laptop with images for them to show up fullscreen?

Thanks for any info

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

firmware would help! But to your question you are correct. When added from the phone it should be full screen and when sync from an address book app it would make the picture small in the corner.

3. rsobrady thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry you're right, forgot to add details:

iphone 4
    T-Mobile

Is that all thats needed? Just did a little test there, i went into my contact, clicked the 'add picture' and then chose take photo. This photo that I take and is automatically added to contact is fullscreen.

However, if I take a photo using the camera so that it saves to camera roll, then go and add it to the contact, it is the small icon up in the box.

Is this how it is meant to work? As in you have to go to the contact and take the picture?

Thanks

4. essential macrumors regular

I'm not sure how it's meant to work, but this is how I do it and it works well:

Make a folder called "Ring IDs" on your comp. Put all your contact photos in that folder by persons name. Edit them to the proper dimensions in PS if you are that savvy. Sync that folder to your phone so it shows up under your photos icon. Then manually assign the pictures to the contacts from the phone, and they will show full screen.

5. Pomeless macrumors regular

Seems like work. I don't love my friends faces that much! ;) I have one or two Pics associated on mine but it's good to know. What I wish is that I had taken pictures of business ass. that I talk to only once in a blue moon.