Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkjazzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Hi,

When I manually enter a name in to my phone it appears on my mac address book.

If I add a name to my mac address book, it appears on my iphone.

If I edit one name one way on mac address book and the same contact on the phone another way, which one will it take?

I noticed on iphone sync page in itunes, it says something like, on the next sync only override iphone with computer. How do you get this to work as intended. I would imagine that if it syncs once you connect... it would sync before you can check the feature.

Can someone link me a page explaining exactly how syncing works? Thanks!!

dodonutter

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Deep South UK
I thought iSync asked which one it should keep then when you chose it put that one on both devices.

Saying that its a long time since i used isync so i could be wrong

tdygoblue

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
iPhone sync: how to override Microsoft Outlook's preferences over iPhone's

I have had this same problem before, but figured out a work-around.
First, backup your iPhone (iTunes, L click on Device, choose "Back Up".)
Then, ERASE all your Microsoft Outlook files: for Calendar, go to View, click Current View and choose "By Category". Then hit Cntl + A (highlights every entry) and hit delete. Do the same for Contacts and Notes and any other field you use.
You now have a blank MS Outlook. On the next sync, choose the appropriate settings under "Info", and then sync.
Because Outlook is naked, everything from your iPhone syncs to MS Outlook.
Done!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
this is why i love mobile me. i change anything on any of my i-devices or my mac and its all pulled together, no waiting till next time i sync!

as for your issue its set by default to take whats on your iphone unless its restoring from a backup then itll take your computers list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.