iPhone Contacts & Address Book incommunicado

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rob7erto, Jul 20, 2008.

1. rob7erto macrumors newbie

I have a new iPhone 3G and am having a lot of problems with syncing contacts between the phone and Address Book (version 4.1.1).

When I update or create a new contact in Address Book, the info is not transferred to the iPhone. Same with when I do the reverse.

In the Info pane of the iPhone preferences I have the following selected:
    Sync Address Book Contacts
    All Contacts (and have tried just using selected groups to no avail)
    Put new contacts created on the iPhone into the group: XXX

Oddly enough, I've created a new group in Address Book called iPhone to replace XXX above and iTunes doesn't see it. I have quit both address book and iTunes and it still does not show up among my groups in iTunes.

Any thoughts or ideas?

2. AnotherLabRat macrumors newbie

I won't be much help. I'm experiencing the same problem. All my contacts from address book aren't syncing onto my damn phone. Some do, some don't. I tried dragging the cards individually over to itunes with both applications open, it lets me do that, but the contacts never show up in my contact list on the phone. :mad:

I don't want to have to type in EVERY contact via the phone.

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'm having the same problem. Some do and some don't. It's really pissing me off. :mad:

4. meagain macrumors 68030

I have no list of contacts in my iTunes but they are in my Address book.
    Can't synch what's not in iTunes. :( Course while I can see my music & videos, I get an "can't be found" error when synching.