Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Any way to take the contacts and calendar dates made on the iPhone and sync them or copy them to the iCal/contacts on my MBP?

Thank you!

chevycamarolvr

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Have you tried just plugging it in and syncing through iTunes?

Before I had MobileMe that's what I did, and it seemed to update my MBP with any calendar/contact changes I may have made on my phone.....

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Have you tried just plugging it in and syncing through iTunes?

Before I had MobileMe that's what I did, and it seemed to update my MBP with any calendar/contact changes I may have made on my phone.....

No I was afraid that would blank out my phone as I have nothing in my Cal/Contacts on my Laptop. I didn't want to override my phone with nothing. Guess I can try though....fingers crossed!

actorkid

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
just syncing will work...im pretty sure both ical and the iphone calendar just sync to become the same, combining everything in both calendars

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It should work. If you're concerned, make sure your iPhone takes a backup through iTunes before you do it. I had made all my calendars that were on my iPhone on my iMac, and when I started syncing it to my Windows PC, it just backed them up. Later when I installed Outlook for Windows, I turned on syncing and it put the contacts and calendars into Outlook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.