Iphone contacts- help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wenty, Sep 29, 2011.

1. wenty macrumors newbie

My 3Gs went for a dip in a glass of water. I removed the sim card and placed it in my old iphone. My contacts did not move over from my 3gs. My wet phone was current with my Itunes account.

Is there any way to get the conacts from the wet phone over to my old iphone? The wet 3Gs works except for the baclklight- so it is difficult to see. I am going to attempt to fix that but first I would really like to save my contacts onto the sim card or my old phone.

In researching someone said they are saved onto your itunes account. I cannot locate it and I have updated and synced the phone twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Keep it simple please- This tech stuff is out of my confort zone.
    Thanks!

2. SooneratND macrumors regular

Unless your old phone is an iPhone as well, I think you may be out of luck. I believe the iPhone stores contacts on the phone memory, not the sim. It then backs them up on iTunes. You could sync an old iPhone to iTunes and get them back, but I'm not aware of how you'd be able to move contacts from an iPhone to an older phone using just a sim card.

3. wenty thread starter macrumors newbie

The old phone is an Iphone also. I have sync but contacts did not move over and I cannot find anywhere on itunes that shows my contacts. I can find songs, apps etc. but not contacts.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You're supposed to set up iTunes so that is syncs your contacts to your computer. You can sync to Outlook, address book etc. In iTunes when your phone is connected, under your device, you can configure all the sync options. There are no contacts on the Sim card.