iphone contacts help....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vinnie Madrox, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

maybe someone on here can help me out. i just got my iphone 3gs 32gb today. i had an LG EnV Touch. i backed up the contacts of my EnV Touch with Bitpim......but i can't figure out how to transfer my contacts into itunes.....

i REALLY don't want to do it manually, since i have over 400, and that would take a year and a day LoL any help would be AWESOME

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not sure what Bitpim is. But if you're contacts are saved on your simcard you can stick that simcard in your iphone and import all your contacts to the iphone from the LG sim.
    Go to Settings/mail,contacts,calendar/ and scroll down where it says import sim contacts.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You don't sync your contacts with iTunes, but with another application that holds contacts. Like, Address Book if you're on a Mac, or Outlook if you're on a PC.

Then in iTunes, you can tell it to sync contacts with Outlook, or whatever.

Straight from the iPhone user's guide:

Sync contacts with applications such as Mac OS X Address Book, Yahoo! Address Book, and Google Contacts on a Mac, or with Yahoo! Address Book, Google Contacts, Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), Windows Vista Contacts, or Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007 on a PC.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iphone_user_guide.pdf

4. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

I have a pc. I dont have outlook or contacts in google or anything, just phone numbers on my cdma lg env touch, thats what im trying to figure out.... A way to get the phone numbers from my old lg phone, to my new iphone....

5. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

And my lg env touch was fro. Verizon, so theres no sim card obviously. Oh god, how i wish it was that easy haha. I've had verizon for the past 8 years, so this is all new to me. Im used to jusy backinf up with backup assistance wih verizon and being do e witb it

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh its a CDMA LG phone? Forget about the simcard importing suggestion.
    Maybe if you can somehow sync or trasfer your contacts from the LG phone to another program like windows address book or google contacts if thats even possible on that phone though. Then if it is you can sync them back to the iphone thru itunes.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You can also use Windows Address Book to sync. Do you have a way to get the LG contacts to that? Otherwise, there are online syncs for contacts. Funambol is one, but I'm not sure if it'll work with an LG.