iphone contacts on exchange server

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by schnacke, Apr 30, 2010.

1. schnacke macrumors newbie

My phone has for some reason started adding new contacts to the exchange server at my work. How do I get it so that the contacts I create on my phone are stored on the phone and not on the exchange server. (If the work server goes down then I lose all my new contacts, I haven't noticed this but the calendar events disappear so I assume the contacts will also.)

Thanks
    Josh

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Did you ever get this figured out? My wife uses Exchange at work and I'm 99% sure all her personal contacts and calendar events are going on her office's server. I was going to play around this weekend but thought you may have a solution already.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

The calendar has a default calendar setting and whe you add an event you can which calendar to put it in. I assume same for contacts. To be clear I do not store anything local to my phone. I have MobileMe and other accounts.