Iphone Contacts to computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kburch, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Kburch macrumors newbie

Kburch

I currently have an iPhone 3G (version 3.1) and I am trying to find a way where I can put my contacts onto my macbook besides iTunes. I want to switch my phone over to a google android (unlocked) because of some issues I have been having my iPhone. If I put my sim card in the google phone and said import, would I lose my contacts on my IPhone? OR Do I have to save my contacts to my sim card first from my iphone?

Thanks
    Kburch :apple:

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I used ContactSync, free app from the AppStore, to back up my contacts from the iPhone.

Once they're backed up you can export them as well.

3. Kburch thread starter macrumors newbie

Kburch

Thank you about the tip for the app. I sync my contacts and now I can not figure out how to export them to gmail. I went on my gmail account and found the import on contacts but where do I locate the file with my contacts?

kb

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You have to go sign in at my.memova.com. Click the contacts button once you're signed in, you'll see a list of your contacts and above them is an Import/Export button. Choose export and you can put them in a csv format.