iPhone - Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by skd, Oct 10, 2008.

1. skd macrumors 6502

If I sync my iPhone that has all my contacts from the address book to a computer that has no contacts in the address book, will the contacts on my iPhone be transfered to the computer? Or will my iPhone lose all the contact info?
    thanks

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Need a little more info....Are you currently syncing on a different computer or is this a new computer???

If this is a new computer or you have changed computers then all you have to do is put a single address/contact in that computers address book then when make sure that address book is selected in iTunes. When you start the first sync it should ask if you want to merge contacts...make sure that you select yes and it will keep them on your iPhone and put them on the computer.

If you are currently syncing contacts on one computer then you can't sync it again on a second computer.

Hope that helps...Good Luck

3. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

What happened is that on the computer that I was using to sync the iphone I changes the name of the user for the computer and all my contacts disappeared. Before I did that I had sync the iPhone to the computer so all the contacts are on the iPhone. So in some way it's a new computer (new user name). Hope that helps.