iphone contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lhdm5, Nov 12, 2009.

1. lhdm5 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I've just bought an iphone and need to import my contacts from my old Samsung phone to the iphone.

The sales guy at the shop informed me I can do this through itunes on my macbook but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone advise me please?

So far I am able to connect the samsung to my mac and then I need assistance.

Looking forward to some advice.

Cheers

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You'll probably need to run iSync to sync your contacts from your samsung to your mac, then use iTunes to sync you contacts from your mac to your iphone.

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

isn't there an "Import contacts from sim" option nowadays?
    but i guess the sim needs to be activated tho...

so isync on mac is the best bet via bluetooth... samsungs are pretty widely supported on macs.. but better to check.. linky

4. lhdm5 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried isync but it does not with my model apparently,

any suggestions regarding the itunes route?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why don't you just ask the guy at the shop?

The normal way is to import contacts from the old sim.

6. lhdm5 thread starter macrumors newbie

We discussed this at the shop but the problem is that I have nearly 500 numbers on the phone memory but the sim card can only accommodate 250.

Which is why he suggested using itunes to import/export. Its just that my inexperience dictates i don't know exactly how I should be going about it.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Uh, what are you talking about? The iPhone sim card does not have any contacts on it. Contacts are stored on the iPhone itself. So, pop in the old sim with 250 numbers, import, and they'll be on your iPhone.

FYI, the number of contacts you can add is limited only by the amount of memory on the iPhone.