Iphone Contant Reboot Not Responding Jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by victoritous, Apr 1, 2011.

1. victoritous macrumors newbie

Hi I have an Iphone 3GS It was jailbroken using redsnow with os 4.1 and i upgraded the baseband to 5. something (its an ipad baseband)

So the iphone ran out of battery and is not responding to any type of button press or hold. Ive tried:
    • Holding Power and Home
    • Holding Home
    • Holding Power

All of the above have been done for 30 seconds but will not turn off the phone or take it into DFU mode nor will it show the recovery screen. Can someone help me please!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you leave it plugged in for like an hour to see if it charges a bit and then try putting it in DFU mode again.

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Your post said the phone will not turn "off". You mean not turning on. Right?

4. victoritous thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

Yes Ive tried keeping it plugged into the computer for hours and nothing changes

No I mean it will not turn off. It stays with the apple logo showing. I cannot turn it off to turn it back on and do the DFU mode button hold thing. It just stays on and resets itself every few mins.

Ill update my original post to reflect this. Any ideas?

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Plug it into the wall and leave it alone for five hours.
    Do you also have a tethered jb?

6. victoritous thread starter macrumors newbie

hey yes i do have a tethered jail break. Also I have left it plugged into the wall over night and there was no change

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced