Iphone continuously vibrates - please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by romiebleed, Feb 17, 2015.

1. romiebleed macrumors member

I have this strange problem on my iPhone 6 - 128gb - iOS 8.1.2 - never jail broken.

This happens once in few days.

Problem - when you have your phone on silent mode and when you receive a call, your phone keeps on ringing/vibrating. Phone doesn't stop ringing when you answer the call/switch of silent mode/lock the phone.

The only way to solve this problem is to restart the device.

I'm not sure if this is related to software/hardware?

Please let me know if any of you had this issue and resolved. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Why not contact Apple? Clearly the phone is still within warranty.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Put your iPhone in DFU mode and do a clean install of iOS. Don't restore your backup. Use your phone as you normally would and see if the problem occurs again.

4. romiebleed thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I'm planning to go to apple once I go back to South Africa (thats where I bought this phone).

Just wanted to find out if this is a common problem or if anyone encountered this issue before and had some sort of resolution.

----------

Sure, will try that as well. I'm planning to upgrade the phone to 8.1.3 and give it a try for few days.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Is there any possibility it could have got wet? I had a friend who dropped his in a sink full of water and when ever he tried to do anything the phone would start vibrating.

Hope you get it worked out.