iPhone Contract, in another phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DenniZ, Mar 12, 2008.

1. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Hi, I have looked around, but basically i just wanted to know because I'm on the £45 a month iPhone contract, if my phone runs out of battery one day and I use another phone with the iPhone Sim card will the video calls made of this be counted within the 1200 inclusive minutes ?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Video calls?

In most cases the carrier doesn't care what phone you use. You should be fine.

TEG

3. DenniZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

Update

UPDATE: I have emailed O2 Services, will update as i get the reply.

4. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

I would like to know the same, I have ATT and when I switch the phone I have no internet access, when I switch to any phone beside the iPhone.

5. DenniZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

OK I have rang and emailed the O2 customer services, quite funny the email i recieved ...

Thanks for emailing us to find out if your can use your iPhone SIM card in another phone.

iPhone SIM card can't be used in another phone. This is because iPhone has its own in built SIM card.

You won't be charged for the video calls from your iPhone as it's deducted from your voice call allowance. When you'll exceed your voice call allowance, you'll be charged 20p including VAT (Value Added Tax) per minutes for video call.

Please note that the video calls and unlimited data Bolt On won't apply on your new handset, as you're unable to use the iPhone SIM card in another phone.

I hope you'll find this information useful. If there's anything else we can do for you, please reply to this email.

You can also visit our website using the link www.o2.co.uk/iphone for the most up to date information on iPhone.

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards,

Kashisha Rangra
    O2 Customer Service.

Anyways rang up, much more reliable info. Found out that yes I can take the sim card out and put it in another phone, when this is in another phone you can make video calls, and on O2-UK you can make them for free because their included with inclusive minutes (Voice and Video calls are charged the same amount). Also I need to test the free internet, but it should be fine though. Also I have made video calls and they are coming out of my inclusive minutes. Wow I have 20 hours of free video calls :)

6. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

Yea,

Apple gave me a similar response. I told them I took out my sim card to use in another phone. They said why would you need to do that? I said because I can.

Then the apple genius tells me that the sim card will not work in any other phone. Which is totally bogus.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I've use my V180 with my iPhone SIM and have had internet access. It shows up on my bill as a charge, which is refunded in the same bill due to my iPhone Internet package.

TEG

8. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

All those cell companies are crazy sometimes...it's not just the iphone they don't understand. My brother f'd up his phone, and wanted to buy a new one from AT&T, and it took two stores to figure out there was insurance on the damn phone to start with.

If you aren't armed with info they'll screw ya up every time.