iPhone contract question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsmac91, Nov 8, 2007.

1. dsmac91 macrumors newbie

Ok, so my family has a family plan with AT&T, we are currently a few months in the plan, my dad gets bit of a discount because he is a fire fighter, and I want to get the iPhone. What will this do to our current contract? Will I have to add a two year contract? because that would wack our family plan out of wack wouldn't it? Thank you everyone!

2. dsmac91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?
    I don't want to buy the iphone and then have it mess up our plan.
    :p

3. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

What you need to ask yourself is: 'is the iPhone good enough to potentially screw up my current contract?', to which I'd probably say 'Of course'.

4. dsmac91 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know! I want it so bad but my parent don't want it to mess up our current contract. Does anyone know how it will work? We have 5 phones in our plan and we all share minutes, i'm confused to how it would add a extra 2 year contract to just one phone of the plan. Or is it just the data plan that is an extra 2 years if you already have a plan? I'm confused!!

5. ynnoj macrumors member

ynnoj

My advice: call AT&T.

They'll know exactly how your plan works.

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The only sure way to know is to give AT&T a call. Even then, I would try to get something in writing (or at least an email) before buying the iPhone. At the very least, consider getting an iPod touch to go along with your existing phone.

7. dsmac91 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, yeah. I'll call. I already have an ipod touch, i've had 2, my first was a week 38, with stuck pixels and my second a week 37 that overall seems fine. I think i'm going to get the iphone though, I hate carrying around my phone and my ipt in the same pocket, it feels so buldgy. ugh, but yeah, hacking my ipt made me really want an iphone. :p ok, i'll call. thanks!