iPhone contract texting details

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Astral Cars, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Astral Cars macrumors regular

Hey, I was just wondering about texting with iPhones. I've just got the default 200/month and I'm curious what the penalty is for going over. I'd imagine it's something like $.10 per message, I just don't want to go over and find out it's something ridiculous. So please inform me.

Also, is there unlimited texting between AT&T phones? I noticed somewhere in their terms that there is, unfortunately I don't think that was in specifically the iPhone contract terms. So once again, please enlighten me.

2. artemka macrumors member

Unlimited between AT&T isn't included in iPHone contract but u can take it separetly, i think if u take 200/mo u can add to it $5 for unlimited between AT&T so it would be $10... plus i guess 200/mo included in iPhone plan.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I just found this out tonight, the hard way.
    According to AT&T... the 1500 text plan isn't really a 1500 a month plan.
    It's 50 a day.
    And because I was over 50 on some days and well under it on other, I incurred abou $20 in overages even though I'd only used 1420 messages.

Needless to say, I upgraded to unlimited.
    I've always had AT&T and never had any problem with them.... but that's ridiculous.

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

That's wierd. I've had multiple days where I did more 50 in a day (I'm on the 1500 plan as well) and I wasn't charged overage.

5. ~Phi macrumors regular

That doesn't sound right. I'm on the 1500 plan too and have done well over 50 on some days without being charged.

For some reason AT&T keeps charging me for international texts that I am not sending or receiving. Weird.

6. TheBusDriver macrumors 6502

.05 is what i've been charged per message on overages. Thats a nickel for you decimally challenged.

Steve

7. Astral Cars thread starter macrumors regular

That does seem strange, as they advertise it per month it seems they wouldn't be able to do that.

Does anyone know how much it is extra per message as you go over?

8. btallada9870 macrumors member

also, if you're on a family plan and you have the 29.99 dollar a month unlimited texting for all lines, you get unlimited texting on your iphone for the flat rate of 20 dollars for the month/200 texts. at least i do.

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

As stated already, $.05 per overage.