Iphone Core Apps. Can they be removed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotur, Oct 9, 2007.

1. rotur macrumors newbie

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, but can any one tell me if the core apps such as Stocks, Calculator etc can be replaced or removed. I'm fairly new to all this and would appreciate any help. Some of the core stuff does not interest me. I have access to installing other stuff and am running 1.0.2

Roman

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

No. Not without hacking. And while the Dev Team is very close, there are no 1.1.1 hacks yet. You could downgrade firmware the 1.0.2, then add AppTap and re-do the Springboard. But that is still a somewhat risky proposition. Wait until the 1.1.1 hack it available.

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

I'm not sure if they can be deleted, but I believe some mods allowed you to remove them from the Springboard(?) so the buttons would not appear.

4. cazlar macrumors 6502

As you are already running 1.0.2, you could install ssh, and move them out of /Applications (or delete them, but moving would be safer). Better though would be to install rSBT, and it will allow you to move the order of the apps around, and set them to hidden if you want. Then if you want to re-enable the app at a later date, just change that via rSBT again (no other computer necessary).