iPhone corporate accounts now available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Downdivx, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Downdivx macrumors regular

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I wonder if this means I can get my $10/month corporate discount with AT&T applied to my iPhone now. Hope so.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm wondering about that too. They've not applied the business discount though we're enrolled all this time.

4. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

Well, that's the first step towards integration into a business environment. If they implement email checking faster than every 15 minutes and offer tighter Exchange integration, they'll do well.

And by tighter Exchange integration, I don't mean IMAP or POP3. If not full push email and contact/calendar/task syncing, then WebDAV support using Outlook Web Access like Entourage 2004 has.

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

This is a front page story isn't it? Such things don't interest me much (I have an iPhone though) but iWork for the iPhone might be handy occasionally.

That Lotus/IBM office package is coming to iPhone soon too.

PUSH email support soon? (maybe offer it on Google or .Mac?).

Todo and notes sync also needed (as other have pointed out).

6. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

I don't think real push email is possible with either of those services. Both Google and .Mac operate using the IMAP (and POP3 for Google) standard, but IMAP has no real push capability to it short of more frequent email checking. But then, that's still not push email, is it? That's just quicker pulls. :)

The iPhone not syncing with .Mac is a complete mystery to me, frankly. With the ability to sync all that information from a Mac to .Mac, you'd think it would work on the iPhone, too, without having to dock with the computer and sync the data from the apps.

No, wireless sync (for .Mac or Exchange or Notes or whatever) would make the iPhone a much more desirable smartphone for business users and non-business users such as myself who like having all their data at hand.

7. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I'm proposing a change to those services too, to accommodate the iPhone.

I agree. I'd love to see this. "Air" as a theme :)

8. AGSHender macrumors regular

AGSHender

That would be an undertaking the likes of which I can't imagine. Heh, I'd love to be in that meeting when you get the bigwigs and engineers from Apple and Google together and propose changing both Google's Gmail delivery protocol as well as the IMAP standard. The managers will love it, but the engineers...well, they'll just keel over dead. :)

IMAP and POP3 are good enough for email delivery, but every 15 minutes is pretty bogus. Exchange has decent push capability now, but I'm not interested in lightning fast delivery of email like some power BlackBerry users are. Hell, even OWA just checks mail and doesn't recognize push email like Outlook on the desktop connected to Exchange.

9. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

:)

What can I say. I expect big things. Especially of .Mac. It costs me a fortune every year.