iPhone corrupt contacts with mobile me

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fozy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. fozy macrumors member

Since I began syncing my contacts with mobile me I have experienced a couple of disturbing issues.

1. On occasion contacts will share information with each other. I will enter a phone number for one contact and it will mysteriously end up in another contact. This seams to be related to time proximity as contacts entered within a certain time period will be the ones that get corrupted. This also occurs with email and business names. I believe this happens during the syncing process.

2. Event entries will sometimes multiply until they are listed 7-10 times on the same day on the iphone, ical and mobile me.

I have discussed this issue with apple support and they always say this is the first time they've seen this and run me through a process to refresh the contact database.

Does anyone else have this problem or a potential solution?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. limegreenstarz macrumors newbie

Yup, I have mobile me problems too! =(

I've been having problems with mobile me as well.

I don't even know where to begin. it's so frustrating!

Everything on my iphone is right/up to date, and it keeps adding duplicates as you stated onto my imac & iphone, so I delete the duplicate on my phone and then it deletes the whole thing off my imac. This is a pain in the butt too. It's very upsetting to say the least!

Also, all of my biz contacts I have under a company name & it keeps popping the window up on my computer saying if it syncs with mobile me it will change more than 5% of my contacts. What it's doing is adding the business name into the first and last name fields and also it's still in the business name field as well.

I don't want them in the 1st and last name fields, only in the biz name field. So, i haven't been allowing it to sync. I let it do it once, and then all my biz contacts had 2 names. Then I deleted the 1st and last names on my phone & it is doing it again. What a pain in the butt.

I haven't contacted the chat help for mobile me in regards to it yet. I hate that you only have the option to chat to get help with mobile me.

So, with my contacts and my calenders I haven't been able to sync. i'm not sure what approach to take, it's so very frustrating! :mad:
    All i know is all the info on my iphone 4 is correct, and my imacs calenders and contacts aren't up to date now because of these mobile me problems!

Anyone got any info or advice out there?

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. macuser4life75 macrumors newbie

Same problem...

...Have you found the solution yet? These duplicate contacts are really getting annoying...

5. miphon macrumors newbie

Contact database corruption

Sometimes with mobile me I end up with 7 copies of the same name but different info in each listing..This problem is driving me crazy...
    Every time I fix it, the problem just comes back..Does anyone have a good solve?