IPhone could be Coming To ORANGE UK network!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pinshot, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyxologos macrumors regular

I HOPE Orange gets it. I am with them for 12 years and was considering leaving them SOLELY for iphone 3G's sake. I will wait now. I have never had any signal trouble, always was able to talk to someone helpful on the customer services, and their retentions' department will bend over for you before you leave them for another provider. been getting a new phone +credit in my account every single year, after I was asking for my PAC.

I will be calling them tomorrow pretending I am leaving for O2 because of the iphone and see if they will let anything slip...

2. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

what's coming to an end in Oct-Nov is the distribution deal with the operators. Currently, operators control the distribution of iPhone in each country exclusively.

When October comes, iPhones will be sold everywhere, including Apple Stores around Europe.

That doesn't mean it will be sold on other networks. It will still be only O2 in the UK and Movistar in Spain - it just means you will be able to purchase it from other sources - but the only option is to subscribe a contract with that operator thru iTunes, during the activation process.

3. Psyxologos macrumors regular

4. m4rc macrumors 6502

its as the reply above yours says, it doesn't mean Orange are going to get the iPhone, O2 has a 5 year exclusive contract and unless they have breached it Apple are stuck with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.