iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by youradhere4222, Jan 28, 2014.

1. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

I've been having some trouble with my iPhone over the past couple of days. It has been randomly slowing down, freezing up, and lately I've had to do a couple of hard restores.

Tonight I was out and noticed that it said that no SIM card was installed. I use Verizon so, to my knowledge, there shouldn't be a SIM card in there. After a few hours of trying to hard restore it, it finally came back on but only for 5 minutes before going black again for good.

Nothing I do can make it boot back up. When I plug it in, iTunes immediately tells me that the phone is in recovery mode. I have tried to boot it up regularly and I believe that I have tried it in DFU mode a few times. It still goes about 70% of the way before giving me the error message that I mentioned in the title. I have tried restarting, changing USB ports, everything. There's no anti-virus program installed on my computer.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I would really appreciate it!

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op error 1 is a hardware failure.

The apple store will try 2 things..

1, restore

2, dfu restore

If both fail they will offer you a replacement if you have AppleCare or an out of warranty replacement.

4. youradhere4222 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Your Verizon iPhone 5 does have a SIM card.

If you type http://gs.apple.com/ into your browser, does it take you to Cydia or a "placeholder" page?

6. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Did you try using a different cable? I've found sometimes that can solve the issue, also make sure you're using an OEM Apple cable not a third party one while doing the restore.