iPhone coverage and best buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mexbearpig, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Ok. so i have an iphone 3G and the monthly plan from best buy. I was, up till now, using my iphone naked with only a screen protector. But it fell off so i have been looking for a new protector. I was looking at the inviible shield.

I called best buy and they said they would replace my iphone. i wanted it to be in good condition when i put on the invisible shield. So heres the thing. My iphone is jailbroken. will best buy replace it or should i just restore it just in case? If you work at BB, please answer.

Sorry for the bad typing. i have no time to care
    Thanks

2. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Best Buy wants to replace your iPhone because your screen protector fell off...?
    What?

3. outphase macrumors 65816

I would restore it myself if I were you. Best Buy may deny any service to you if they find that you voided your warranty. Your account will likely be noted if this were the case.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Yeah, that's a seriously good policy! Restore it, jailbreaking's generally looked down on by those in charge of warranties.

5. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

ok. My screen protector fell off. So I need a new one. I wanted the invisible shield. I want the phone in good condition when I apply the protector. Best buy will replace it due to scratches. Will best buy care if it is jailbroken.

By the way I have best buy insurance on my iPhone. It is $15 a month but covers accidental damage which I need.