iphone cracked screen...HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drater, Dec 12, 2009.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Stepped on my iphone, don't ask how, it was stupid, very upset.

Only had the new one for about a month. Was wondering what I could do. The phone still works just the screen is cracked. Does anyone know what I can do? Please let me know. Thanks.

p.s. I don't have insurance on it.

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

There really isn't much you can do. I would take it to the nearest Apple Store and see what they say. It is accidental damage, so it won't be covered by the warranty.

Your only hope is for a "low cost" replacement. Low cost being several hundred dollars...

You might also look online for one of the places who sells replacement parts. The glass may be something that can be replaced if you know how to do it.

3. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Putting a screen protector on it may make it look and feel better, but I don't think there is much you can do short of replacing it.

4. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

any recommended sites as to where i can get a new screen (there is already a screen protector on it). I don't mind doing it myself if there is a "fixit" website or something. anyone with any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know how much it cost to replace the phone/screen?

5. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

eBay have thousands, a general google search will display various sites selling the parts you require. Is it just the glass or the LCD underneath as well?
    If it's a 3G then you will have no problem and it should be pretty cheap. If it's a 3GS then it could be a little harder to find the parts and will definately be more expensive.

Also, plenty of guides on the internet for repairing it. If you find it easier, just go onto youtube and type in iPhone digitizer replacement.

Good luck.