iphone cracked screen :S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iimac, Apr 16, 2009.

1. iimac macrumors member

iv cracked my iphone screen and was wondering im in uk on o2 contract. could i get this fixed under the 1 year free warrenty or will it cost me 100pounds to buy a replacement 8gb phone. ty

Attached Files:

2. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Warranty doesn't cover that kind of damage.

Having said that, try going into an apple shop and pleading.

3. iimac thread starter macrumors member

yyhh but da cracks r quite obvious it been dropped lol :S.. but da iphone still wroks da touch screen works its just the glass. can it be replaced?

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If this is the way people will be communicating in 5-10 years, iI should just shoot myself in the face right now. Oh wait, it's already happening...

5. iimac thread starter macrumors member

6. koollectablz macrumors 6502

Oh its quite obviously user damage but unless you want to have to pay up I'd still go into an apple shop and try your hardest.

A few tears may help as well.

If you're female or could get a female to go for you and ask a male genius - all to the good.

Oh and to answer your question - yes it could be replaced.

7. jalpert macrumors 6502

8. iimac thread starter macrumors member

is there ny ways these cracks could happen without dropping it? so for example perhaps accidently puttin pressure on it if it was in my pocket? could that cause cracks of that size.

9. smswetz macrumors newbie

I had a crack in my screen the other day, and took it into the apple store to see if maybe I could plead for a replacment. They told me they just rolled out a new program where they replace the glass in store, took 15 minutes. From what I recall, they do it if the screen is still usable but the outer glass is broken.

It was free as well.

10. iimac thread starter macrumors member

11. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

what he was trying to say you talk in a strange way, some people think it's cool but it's not IMO i mean come on using "da" instead of "the" and using "ny"
    for "any" why feeling so lazy :rolleyes:

12. iimac thread starter macrumors member

sorry its just how i normally type on msn i think its weird typing with full punctuation and correct grammar.

13. diemos macrumors 6502

14. Stargaze macrumors member

15. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I've cracked my iPhone™ screen and was wondering if I could have it fixed under the 1-year complimentary warranty rather than have to pay £100 to buy a replacement. I am in the United Kingdom using O2. Thanks.

Yes, but the cracks make it quite obvious that the phone has been dropped. The phone still works fine, as does the touchscreen; it's just the glass that is broken. Can it be replaced?

Better? :p

And yes, I share your loathing of what the internet has been doing to language :\

16. bmacir macrumors 6502

She won't be able to reply: she just shot herself in da face. :D

17. spikescot2005 macrumors member

It will cost you more then £100 for a replacement phone in the UK.

How did you damage the phone?

18. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No. No user-inflicted damage is covered by warranty. That means ANY, absolutely ANY cracking of the screen. Don't even bother asking if you can tell them the battery isn't working or that it has some other problem, they'll take one look at the screen, realise what you're up to, and laugh you out of the store.

They say in their second post that they dropped it.