iPhone: Cradle/Dock Compatibility -&- Recommendation Questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by INPAQ, Jun 19, 2008.

1. INPAQ macrumors newbie

Okay, so I'm planning on becoming part of the :apple: mobile club with the hopeful purchase of a iPhone-3G on 07/11/2008. But I'm somewhat upset regarding the lack of color variety regarding the official iPhone cradles and docks (especially to match with my black iPhone). I'm also sorta confused in what type of cradle/docking hybrids that might be compatible with the upcoming iPhone-3G. So could anyone explain and/or recommend me some decent cradle/docking stations for this device?

2. MacScho macrumors member

i think its yet to be seen if the iphone 3g will fit into the existing iphone dock or they might release a new one.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

the 3g iphone will NOT fit into the existing dock as it is fatter and wider, and apple have designed a new one

what do you want out of your cradle?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

The new iPhone will not fit into the existing dock. They are releasing a new one, but it will not come with the iPhone and will be sold separately.

If it only comes in white and you want it to be black, go buy one of these and color it in. :D

[​IMG]

5. badgerman macrumors 6502a

I want a 3.5mm line out and be able to charge it with a long cable.

Will the new dock do that?

6. MacScho macrumors member

i stubbled across it...

[​IMG] - Get fast access to USB charging, syncing and audio out with the iPhone 3G Dock. Even conduct speakerphone calls when your iPhone is in the dock.

from http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/buy/