iphone crash combo

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ursul, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ursul macrumors newbie

hey,

so today my iphone 3gs (5.0.1) turned off and started vibrating for 15min, then stopped.
    I connected it to a charger afterwards because my power button doesn't work, ( I normally start my phone that way if it crashes)
    but there was no response. The same goes when I tried to connect it to my laptop.

I tried the power button + home button for 10s tip, despite knowing it will probably fail. I also read a bunch of articles about how to enter DFU mode without a power button, but they are not much of a help because iTunes does not see the phone, neither does the laptop ( it doesn't detect it as a data drive).

Any help with this will be highly appreciated.
    I usually do not request help before scavaging the internet for possible solutions, but this really seems out of hand.

Thanks a bunch,
    andrei

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Your attempts at troubleshooting so far appear solid. At this point, unless your 3GS is still covered by AppleCare at this point, you probably need to consider upgrading your phone through your wireless carrier or getting it replaced by Apple for the $149 (U.S.) flat-rate.