iPhone crashed/deactivated

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flynnstone, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

Yesterday, I pushed the home button on my iPhone 3G 16 gig.
    The screen flashed and went blacked. It was like it was dead. No key presses or combinations would have a response. Eventually it came back and rebooted itself.
    But ... when it came back, the screen had the picture of a USB cable and iTunes. Implying "plug me into iTunes". If I moved the on slider switch, it went to a emergency calling screen. It also said no service in the top left.

When I got home, I plugged it into my computer and it said something about being activated.
    The phone then started working properly.

Any one ever seen this?

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Yes that happened to me twice. No rhyme or reason as to why.

3. thestaton macrumors 6502

it's happened to me a time or two... I just do a restart and it usually activates back.

4. revs macrumors regular

Yeh has happened to me too. Turning off and on sorted it for me, which was good as I wasnt near the mac

5. eh270 macrumors regular

I had to cut a weekend trip short because this happened and I didn't have my laptop. Total bummer, hopefully it's not an issue anymore with 3.0

I've heard something about OTA activations (meaning AT&T activates it without needing to plug it in), anyone know if this might solve the problem if you can't get to your computer?

6. kolax macrumors G3

Force reboot it next time (hold + home button for 5 secs).

I've had this one when I was out during the day, told me to plug into iTunes after something went wrong. I force rebooted and it came back to life again.