iPhone crashes iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewGuyToMac, Jun 17, 2009.

1. NewGuyToMac macrumors newbie

So I came home from work today to update my 1st generation iPhone to 3.0. I connect my phone to my MacBook to sync and download the update. iPhoto opens to download the photos and iTunes opens, but freezes and I get the spinning beachball of death. I end up having to force quit and restart my computer and try again. Same thing happens again so I give Apple a call. First they have me uninstall iTunes and download it again and install it, which I do. Still doesnt work, so they have me reinstall Leopard thinking that would take care of the problem, which it doesnt, its doing the same thing. So then I go to my old Toshiba PC to download the 3.0 update. Since this is an older PC, it didnt have the newest version of iTunes, so I had to update that. Once iTunes was updated, I connected my iPhone to the PC, and the same thing happens. The photo application comes up, but iTunes freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-delete. The only application that was affected was iTunes, I could still use Safari and other apps, just iTunes was frozen. This was on both machines. I did a reset of the iPhone and it did the same thing. It looks like the phone is whats causing the problems. Am I right in concluding this? Has this happened to anyone else? Im probably going to have to make an appointment at the Genius Bar and have them look at it. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. NewGuyToMac thread starter macrumors newbie