iphone crashes when i open camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by misheru, Feb 5, 2009.

1. misheru macrumors newbie

i just bought a used iphone 2g. as soon as i got it i got it jailbroken. for some reason when i open the camera the shutter does not open and the iphone just crashes.. help

2. appleisgod macrumors regular

Something went wrong with the Jailbreak. Restore and re-jailbreak is your best bet. Might want to check and make sure it does work after the restore before jailbreaking again.

3. misheru thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this and camera app actually opened this time But when the shutter would open the screen would be black and shutter key was disabled. I restart the phone and when I open camera the phone crashes again. Know any other fix??

4. appleisgod macrumors regular

If that is happening before the Jailbreak then take it back to the Apple store and they will replace it. What program are you using to Jailbreak? may just be a problem with the program

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

If you bought it used, ask the person go you bought it from if it is still under warranty.

David

6. misheru thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone is still under warranty but I have tmobile and since it has been jailbroken doesn't that void the warranty? I used pwnage 2.2 to jailbreak my phone

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I bought an iPhone that was water damaged and the camera didn't work at first, same description as yours. Check your water sensor in the bottom of your headphone jack with a bright light. If it is Red/pink, then your phone has been water damaged.
    As for replacement, if your phone has not been water damaged, restore in itunes before taking it in to Apple. Restoring the phone erases the Jailbreak so nobody will ever know (except you).:)

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me but it's worth a shot.

I still think you should take it to an Apple Store. Even if you bought it used, it may still be under warranty and you can still make a Genius appointment.

David

9. misheru thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked the sensor and it half red half white does that mean water damage?