iPhone crashes when recieving a SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Acronym, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

Ok so I'm running a JB 3GS with SBSettings, Quisksms, backgrounder, and winterboard.

Now when I receive a text message from one number it always makes my phone crash and go into safe mode, I don't really want to reformat my phone because as most of you know, for the 3GS your forced to upgrade and there is no JB for 3.1.3

anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this? I have done a system wide reset of my phone settings but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, seeing as it's my bosses number that causes me to crash when he send me a SMS.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Uninstall that stuff temporarily (start with the one that actually has to do with SMS, QuickSMS) and see if it fixes it

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Also, do you maybe have a third party notifier installed or something?

4. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

If I do that then I'll be forever to by the fill version of QuickSMS which if I can avoid I'd like to.
    I do not remember installing any 3rd party notifier apps, I'll have to go through my rock list of installed apps and check for sure.