iphone crashing again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by almasinfe, Oct 8, 2008.

1. almasinfe macrumors member

almasinfe

well i thought that apple has fixed the crashing problems but i think its back
    my internet keeps crashing a lot, like everytime i open more then 1 or 2 pages.
    also it will crash apps too. so i am wondering if anyone else is having the same problems??? :cool:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

I haven't had many problems with apps crashing since 2.1.

As for Safari, I think it really depends on what websites you visit. Some seem to cause Safari to puke more than others, so depending on where you surf, you may see Safari die a lot more than others.

The generic sites I spend a lot of time on (craigslist, Fox News iPhone page, Weather Underground's iPhone page, my local news station mobile page, MacRumors mobile page, Amazon's mobile page) rarely crash Safari for me.

3. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

I have the same issues...

2.1 is a joke.. All it did was create hype... People were hoping for fixes... They installed the os.. Since it's fresh it created a belief that it did things.. All it really did was change the way fetching was done.. And display a stronger signal strength... Maybe you're able to make calls in areas you were able to before, but maybe the phone needs to "display" signal bars to perform at that level (this point is a little far fetched I know) And the way the battery shows it's depletion... I believe it shows the beginning half depleting slower than it does.. If you see that throughout the day "it's lunchtime and I still have 75% left" it makes you believe the battery management is better... When in actuality, the battery still lasts for 5 hrs (norm)... What I'm saying is that I don't think the battery indicator depletion is linear... I will go from 100% to 90% much slower than 10%-0%

Safari still crashes... Laags through use...

These are just observations I've had.. I have no written literature to come to these conclusions... Take it for what it is...

4. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

When I took my phone into the Genius Bar and told him what was happening he told me it wasn't possible because 2.1 had fixed absolutely everything. He said he couldn't do anything as the phone hadn't displayed any of the problems I had mentioned when he was playing with it for 30 seconds. :confused:

I absolutely hate this phone. I loved my 2G but I detest this one. I can't even sell it on because I know it doesn't work. I can't get it replaced or fixed because 'they' say there is nothing wrong with it. I am totally stuck with it. Wish I'd got the N95 :mad:

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Really? If you do Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and then set the iPhone up as brand new (i.e. do *not* let iTunes restore from one of your prior backups), it still has problems? I'd love to see a Genius deny a replacement phone after doing all of that.

2.1 did not fix the crashing problems my roommate had until he reset his iPhone and then set it up again from scratch. Since then he's had no problems.

6. Brandon Heat macrumors regular

I did mine from scratch...

I honestly don't mind safari crashing.. I have this pic of megan fox as my wallpaper so the instant I see the crash and feel the fury coming, meg eases my mind... It really does work..

It's the damn lagging keyboard that really gets to me...