iPhone crashing? Not apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Has anyone ever had this problem where your iPhone just turns off? Not talking about sleep. It happened twice already in one month and idk if i should contact apple or set an appointment with the apple store?

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I've had this happen once or twice. First, I would try a hard reset (hold home and power button down until shutdown). If that doesn't work you should try a full restore. The Genius will likely ask if you tried this already and, if you did not, will do that very thing. If these steps do not cure your problem they may have other diagnostic tools to track down the issue or may do a swap for you. I think the latter is not likely as this is almost surely a software issue and not hardware related.

3. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok but i doubt a restore will be helpful, it's not like we can see immediately if my iPhone magically crashes while at the apple store since it's not frequent. As for the hard reset i did that before so i know it won't help.

I'm going to try and do a full restore and see if it crashes anymore, if it does i'll set up an appointment(or actually maybe just send it to apple)... idk..