Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hélio Mota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
Hello friends, I have an iPhone XS Max.
He has already taken some falls (use silicone cover and glass film) and never got water.
One day after normal use, he presented a green screen, I didn't know what to do. I verified that the green screen worked on the touch and started to try to change the configuration in something.
For my surprise, when I touched the brightness ló w or reset the screen Back to normal.
does anyone know the explanation and resolution?

attached gif and photo

thanks
??
CmgyLnS.jpg

??
HwNkLLS.gif

D3F2E0DB-DC68-4E44-82C1-05290465DDBC.gif

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
When you drop it, there's often internal damage.

The solder points connecting the two halves of the logic board or various connectors can get torn.

Hélio Mota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
I'd say the display is damaged.. Take it to Apple and they can check it out for you
I have not apple in my city. They ask 15 days to delivery

When you drop it, there's often internal damage.

The solder points connecting the two halves of the logic board or various connectors can get torn.
The store wants to change all the screen.. :oops: Thank you

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
The store wants to change all the screen.. :oops: Thank you

Based on what I see here, that's most likely the only resolve. If you don't have Apple do it, just make sure they are Apple authorized, like Best Buy for example, not one of those shady phone repair centers.

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Top left corner. Clear damage to the OLED panel. The reason it reacts to brightness changes that way is because the way OLED works, it has no backlight, just the individual organic LEDs.

Your phone needs a full display swap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.