iPhone XR iPhone credit replacement scheme

iTarbuck

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
Hi all,

My friend has reccently had his XR stolen ! He is back onto the 7 now until he can find a replacement.

The 7 is working fine with a few scratches here and the there but original screen working perfect.

Apple valued the device at £220 online but only £85 in store! Why the difference?

Can anyone tell me if you have had the same experience?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Apple valued the device at £220 online but only £85 in store! Why the difference?

Can anyone tell me if you have had the same experience?
Why wouldn't your friend ask the employee at the store? Seems like that would be the best source to answer that question.

EDIT - I just checked the UK website. An iPhone7 256GB is fetching UK185 on trade-in. Did you make a typo? If so, perhaps the trade-in prices flucuates.

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
The Apple online value is just an estimate. Once they receive the trade-in and evaluate it in person they give you your trade-in value. If the phone is found to have defects the trade-in price is adjusted accordingly.

If you take it to the store they are giving you the hands-on value which in all likelihood will be the same as Apple will give once they receive the phone.

Reactions: Never mind