"iPhone customers"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saccento, Jun 9, 2010.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

If we sold our iPhones early, specifically two weeks ago, but still have the iPhone data plan on our account, are we still eligible for the early upgrade and considered iPhone customers? I have an upgrade in July and hear different things, but I don't know who is considered an iPhone customer. I just read somewhere here if you had the iPhone for at least 6 months.

Anyone else in the same situation who has called/went to ATT?

2. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I sold my 3GS in March and have been using a Motorola SLVR since. I didn't remove my data plan but it shows I'm using the moto on my account. I'm upgrade eligible.

3. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

I sold my 3G and was originally due for an upgrade in May, but they took the iPhone data off and last week I noticed it got pushed back to July, and was angry and told ATT to put the iPhone data plan back on. (right before they got rid of the unlimited plans). I know my upgrade is in July so technically with the "upgrades in 2010 are immediately eligible for the iPhone 4", but just wondering if I'm considered an iPhone customer.

4. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

5. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Did you actually check your upgrade eligibility on the website? Did AT&T add the data plan back on for you? If they didn't but you qualify for an upgrade then you've got nothing to worry about. You'll get the phone at the discounted price along with one of the data plans.

6. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Yeah I did and it says on 7/14/10 but that doesn't factor in the early upgrade for the iPhone 4.

The data plan has been back on for a week now. I'm just concerned about the whole "iPhone customer' thing

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Nobody knows, we've all been guessing on this.

8. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Just wondering if anyone else is in this situation and has heard anything from ATT.

9. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Well then you may have to wait three weeks after launch to get one. Not bad at all. ;)

10. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Now you sound like the AT&T reps.

Anyone with an upgrade in 2010 is automatically eligible for the best iPhone 4 pricing - 199/299.

11. Nicksd84 macrumors 6502

Y would they add on the iPhone data plan if u don't have one on the account at the moment?

12. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Because I told them to put it back on as I never told them to take it off, and it screwed up my upgrade date (it was originally in May and once they took it off it got bumped to July)

13. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

What do you want me to say? I'm not AT&T. It seems you're not eligible for the upgrade just yet. If you think differently, that's between you and AT&T. No one here can help you. Be glad it's only three weeks instead of 7 or 8 months like a lot of people.

14. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

lol well I'm mad considering a couple of weeks ago, I was due for an upgrade in May and because they took my data plan off - it got pushed back to July..

And, what don't you understand about the "Existing iPhone customers who are upgrade eligible between today and the end of this year qualify for our best iPhone 4 price points." - taken from AT&T.

I know having an upgrade in July of this year qualifies me to get the early upgrade, but I wasn't sure if i was considered an iPhone customer - but it says existing iPhone customers so maybe I answered my own question.

Oh and about the people who have to wait 7-8 months - that's because they chose to get the 3GS. I chose to skip to get this one.

15. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento