iPhone customization?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rylenolflu, Feb 18, 2008.

1. rylenolflu macrumors member

So I am still deciding between the htc tilt and the iPhone. What is really drawing me towards the tilt is it's expansive feature capabilities (free apps and such). But I love film and listen to a little bit of music and want a good phone so the iPhone wins there.
    1) I don't travel extensively, but I do travel internationally, but for $400 I would really like a phone that I can use over seas. My motorola razr (at&t) worked in the outskirts of Nairobi in Kenya, I was very impressed by it. Can the iPhone not deliver on this front?
    2) Customization: I would love nothing more than to use an instant messaging client on my cellular phone which is why I'm leaning towards the tilt right now. It allows you to run any instant messaging service you want and has free GPS proggies which is awesome. How likely is it that an instant messaging service, like AIM, will be able to run on the iPhone?
    3) design: I can't lie, I want a great looking phone that isn't a hassle to carry around. The iPhone definitely wins this one.

2. dsl4c macrumors member

1. the iphone works internationally, just make sure you have the att international calling plan as with ALL att phones traveling internationally..

2. www.meebo.com is the perfect IM client for the iphone that handles multiple services.. you just open up safari, and type the address in and boom, its basically like having a software program open, beats any IM client i've ever used on ANY cell phone.. (AIM, YAHOO, MSN, etc..)

3. the iphone is easy to carry around..

3. bosxe macrumors member

bosxe

There is NOOO way Meebo is better, more intuitive, or easier to use than the Sidekick's AIM/MSN/Yahoo clients. Although that phone was complete garbage, the instant messenger application was perfect, easily the best I've ever seen on a phone.