iPhone Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BugBytes, Nov 24, 2011.

1. BugBytes, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

BugBytes macrumors regular

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try a restore tell him.
    If it needs to be replaced they will charge him either $149 or $199 at Apple.

3. BugBytes, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

BugBytes thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, so a repair would not be worth it, so that is out of the question. I'll tell [] to try a reset. He can just sync all his data back once he has reset it.

Thanks for the reply!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not that bad. If he's up for an upgrade he can get a new iphone 4S for $199 but if he's not they are $650 for full price. So a repair is still worth it or he can sell it as is on CL or Ebay.
    Yes, once he does a restore he can restore all his stuff back from backup. Itunes will prompt him.

5. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Why doesn't he put the charger in the phone before he goes to sleep like the rest of the folks? :) And tell him, that when it's in sleep mode it shouldn't draw more than 1% over night of the battery and put it on mute.. :p Don't know why he even shuts if off, but i guess he has a good reason to do so..

Might be a water damaged battery btw, a battery replacement is pretty easy to do yourself imho..

6. chargit, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011

chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

$149? what does this get you? I have not heard of that option. :confused:

never mind I found it. I had no clue they lowered the out of warranty repair!

7. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Battery dies when it's completely shut off, or when "sleeping"?

If he powers it off completely, and the battery dies before the next day - either there is electrolysis at play - chewing up the innards of the phone. Thing is, this process does not last very long, and the phone will be completely dead after a couple days. (as in, it won't turn on)

Or (more likely) - the battery could be defective - and those can be replaced.

If he's sleeping the phone, and it's dying before the next day - poor cell service, having BT and Wifi turned on can run down a battery.

Is he using icloud? Another well known battery vampire.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's what I heard latelly too.
    $199 for the 4S and any previous models are only $149. Not bad.