iPhone damage

Clarky27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
My iPhone got dropped in ranch, the bottom part. And now the sounds are really low. How can I fix this since it's different than water damage...

WhoAmI2

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
take it to one of those car wash with the super heavy spray hoses and go to town!

I guess you could try and take the back off and pick at it with a tooth pick or something. Don't know how hard it is to get to the speaker/mic openings but that would be your best bet. Oh, and not dropping your phone in ranch would also be helpful! Good luck.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
My iPhone got dropped in ranch, the bottom part. And now the sounds are really low. How can I fix this since it's different than water damage...
I'm sorry.....you said ranch....as in the salad dressing?

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
There's so many jokes I want to make about damaging the iPhone with "ranch dressing" but I'll refrain.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I like how it "got dropped" myself.

OP, you can do an out of warranty replacement or open it up and fix it yourself. The speaker is not hard to remove but I'm betting that the ports are full of salad dressing.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I love Ranch. It's "the ketchup of the new millenium" (TM). It's such a versitile product. You can put it on your salad, baked potato, sandwiches, dip your fries in it, etc. It's delicious.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Bring it to Apple.
Most likelly they will replace it for free if you're under warranty.
I had a friend last week that was taking a pic of her birthday cake and dropped her iphone in the cake.
All the frosting didnt clean out so she couldnt hear much from both the bottom and top ear speaker.
They swapped it out for her.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I love Ranch. It's "the ketchup of the new millenium" (TM). It's such a versitile product. You can put it on your salad, baked potato, sandwiches, dip your fries in it, etc. It's delicious.
Guys, let's calm down, clearly the OP was on a ranch when this happened. I'm more confused why they were at the bottom of the ranch though, everyone knows that's where the rattlesnakes and the old well are.