iPhone DAMAGE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LucasBoy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. LucasBoy macrumors member

hey people. i recently got my iphone and today i dropped it at Macy's. Onto the concrete floor. i just had some plastic cover on the back of it. i don't see any physical damage but would something inside be damaged? whats the worst that can happen? have this happened to anyone of you guys and your iphone got messed up or something? :apple:

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Have you noticed anything abnormal? If there is no physical damage to it and a problem introduces itself later, your warranty won't be voided because if they can't see any physical damage your warranty is still honorable.

DPA

3. LucasBoy thread starter macrumors member

well not really. sometimes the AIM app just closes randomly. is that normal for apps? cause that happens to my mom's iphone too. sometimes apps just close and doesn't start up

4. KH8756 macrumors member

Ok, for your first concern. I wouldn't be too worried if there is no visible physical damage on your iPhone. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that there has not been any internal damage done to your iPhone. But just keep an eye on it, and see if it acts up, or if it malfunctions frequently. iPhones are exceptionally tough and durable. You could drop it with a decent case on it from talking distance, and not damage it. That's when there is a case on it, but even without a case they should survive typical drops. So, just be glad your iPhone hasn't been physically damaged :p Now for your second concern, it's normal if certain apps just crash all of a sudden, every once in a while. But if it happens frequently, then that's something to be concerned about. Now you are saying that this is happening on a particular app-AIM. If it's just AIM, I don't think you should worried. If your iPhone is malfunctioning, this would happen to most, if not, all your apps from what I know. I suggest first reinstalling AIM on your iPhone. If that does the trick, then great, if not do a full restore in iTunes. After that AIM should work properly after wards. So just keep an eye on things ;)

5. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You are 100% correct and I totally agree. However, just for further clarification, some apps are poorer built and debugged than others so if you have a chronic crasher you shouldn't worry about it being your phone because it's most likely just a poorly built app.

DPA